The International Music Festival Conference (IMFCON) is the largest international organization representing the music festival industry. Through collaborative efforts the IMFCON provides programs that drive innovation, education, and provide a critical understanding of how music festivals play a crucial role in the music industry and foster growth in the arts.
The IMFCON provides the only annual conference & symposium for music festival professionals and other industry executives to network, learn from one another, establish partnerships, and understand the latest trends in festivals and the music industry.
The IMFCON engages multiple stakeholders:
- Music Festivals
- Corporate Sponsors
- Non-profit supporters of the arts
- Audiences & Fans
- Content Owners
- Vendors & Service Providers
- Alternative Media
Mission & Vision
The mission of the International Music Festival Conference is to promote and strengthen the global music festival industry through education, networking, dissemination of information, and the cultivation of high standards for the industry.
What We Do
The International Music Festival Conference provides programs that drive innovation, education, and provide a critical understanding of how music festivals play a crucial role in the music industry and foster growth in the arts. We do this though a number of vehicles including: educational workshops, access to industry thought leaders, high level conferences, webinars, focus groups, topic specific committees, and other unique initiatives allowing individuals and organizations access to resources that will enable them to provide the most meaningful and valuable festival experience to all constituents.
- Providing Collaboration Opportunities –collaboration with key industry leaders, leading musicians, and other innovators addressing best practices and future trends in meetings in North America and Europe.
- Providing Resources – disseminate knowledge, tools and resources that professionals and organizations can utilize to navigate the artistic, operational and financial aspects of music festivals.
- Industry Research – working with industry leaders, professionals, academic institutions and other organizations to provide new ideas and perspectives transforming how music festivals engage the entertainment industry.
- Identifying Key Drivers & Distribution Trends – key drivers and trends effecting the distribution of content will continue to impact future innovation and emerging festival models. Fostering dialogue and collaboration with music buyers, sellers and distributors at all levels is an important avenue for festivals to provide unique and valuable programs.
- Continuing Education Programs – webinars, seminars, and other partnerships that provide relevant and valuable educational opportunities for individuals, organizations and their employees.
- Fostering Innovation – providing open avenues of communication and opportunities for entrepreneurs and technologists to engage music festival stakeholders.
- Industry Leadership – provide leadership and direction for initiatives and programs that enable sustainability and growth of music festivals.